Browsed by
Category: Sitecore

Code Generation for Sitecore Unicorn

Code Generation for Sitecore Unicorn

I recently made the switch from TDS to Unicorn (and you should too, it is great). One of the things I was missing was the code generation that TDS provided. I didn’t want to start manually generating constant files for template GUIDs and field names again – so I wrote a small utility based on the Visual Studio T4 templates. Introducing: RainbowCodeGeneration Rainbow is the underlying serialisation provider that Unicorn uses and RainbowCodeGeneration is a (very!) simple utility that reads Rainbow…

Read More Read More

Authenticate Sitecore extranet users using OAuth 2.0 / OpenID Connect

Authenticate Sitecore extranet users using OAuth 2.0 / OpenID Connect

I recently had to hook OAuth 2.0 / OpenID Connect authentication into Sitecore (for the published site, not the CMS) and struggled to find good implementation examples online – so I decided to publish a simple module to GitHub. You can find it here: https://github.com/heikof/sitecore-openidconnect – this post outlines how it works and how to install and use it. Context / Limitations The implementation currently assumes an implicit flow and has been built against a provider based on IdentityServer3. In the future I am planning to add support for other flows…

Read More Read More

Accessing the component guidance site for SPEAK in Sitecore 8.1

Accessing the component guidance site for SPEAK in Sitecore 8.1

The release notes for Sitecore 8.1 mention a “component guidance site with properties reference and component demos” for SPEAK. That caught my interest since SPEAK is very high up on my list of technologies that I want to play with. Unfortunately I am still very new to it and it took me way too long to figure out how to even access this guidance site. This post from Martina Welander explains how SPEAK apps are registered in the core database. I then tracked…

Read More Read More

Speeding up Sitecore index rebuilds with a custom MediaItemContentExtractor

Speeding up Sitecore index rebuilds with a custom MediaItemContentExtractor

On a recent Sitecore project of mine we relied very heavily on Lucene indexes and the Sitecore Content Search API. For various reasons we had to rebuild the indexes in almost every production deployment – and the number of content items was approaching 200,000. It would take hours to rebuild the indexes, making deployments unnecessary painful. We identified a number of tweaks when digging through the Content Search API. The biggest improvement by far came from slightly changing the way media items are indexed. A…

Read More Read More